Over the last four weeks our YTA group had the opportunity to take in the Cycle Maintenance sessions. The following areas were covered during the sessions with practical demonstrations.
- Punctures – wheel removal, locating punctures, fixing punctures & wheel refitting
- Wheel truing essential for better braking
- Brake adjustment for powerful, silent stopping
- Adjusting hub bearings for maximum life and smooth running
- Gear adjustment: including fitting new cables and fine tuning front and rear mechanisms
- Bottom bracket and headset adjustment